Women’s State Senior Amateur Championship
Timberline Golf Club
April 20-22, 2016
February 29 – April 11
Maximum allowable handicap index is 36.0 strokes under the USGA Golf Handicap System. The AGA will be the final authority in determining whether or not a handicap that has been submitted qualifies as an “approved USGA handicap”.
2. The AGA, not the host club, determines whether spectator carts will be permitted during a competition.
3. If spectator carts are not allowed, the AGA follows the USGA policy of permitting the use of mobility scooters (golf carts are not acceptable) by any spectator who suffers from a disability that requires on-course transportation.
4. Anyone intending on renting a mobility scooter should call us, 205-979-1234, and let us know ahead of time. We will then make contact with the host club on your behalf and make arrangements to receive the vehicle, store and charge it overnight, and have it available for use the following day.
5. When on the course with the scooter, you must remain on the cart path at all times and stay up with the group you are following so as not to disturb play of the group immediately behind.
6. You need to be aware of all play around you when starting the scooter to ensure you don’t disturb other competitors.
Golf carts are allowed, and are strongly recommended at this site, and are available to those contestants who have a valid Alabama driver’s license. Cart fees will be the same for each player, even if circumstances are such that a player is left to ride by herself.
Users must obey the cart operations rules established by the host club, to include the allowance of spectator carts.
For further information regarding carts, please refer to the Cart Policy provided as part of the player packet given to players at registration.
If you have any doubts as to what dress will be accepted, please ask prior to beginning play.
2. No entries will be accepted after 11:59 P.M., Monday, April 11, 2016.
3. An entry fee in the amount of $170.00 for the Senior Division ($120 for the Super Senior Division), payable by credit card, must accompany the entry application, $5.00 of which will be donated to the Alabama Turfgrass Research Foundation.
4. Upon successfully completing the entry procedure, an email confirmation will be automatically generated and sent to you at the email address you designate.
5. In the event the field has to be pared due to over-subscription (see Format above), applicants will be notified of the status of their entry as soon as practicable following the close of entries on April 11.
Withdrawal: If an accepted player withdraws before 11:59 P.M., Tuesday, April 19, 2016 for any reason, the entry fee will be refunded, subject to a $30.00 service fee. No refunds will be made after 11:59 P.M., Tuesday, April 19, 2016.
No Shows: Players that fail to notify the AGA of their withdrawal and “No Show” their starting time will not receive a refund for any reason. “No Show” players may be subject to suspension from future AGA events.
Alternates: Full refund if player does not gain entry into the championship.
All dates and time refer to date and time of receipt at the AGA office.
If the entry is rejected for any reason(s), you will be immediately advised of the reason(s), at which time you can correct the problem(s) and re-submit the entry form.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT NO ENTRY IS FORMALLY ACCEPTED UNTIL THE ENTRY FEE HAS BEEN PROCESSED BY THE AGA OFFICE.
I agree that the Alabama Golf Association, or any club hosting this Championship, has the right to reject, or withdraw, any entry at any time.
I am an amateur golfer and I understand the “Rules of Amateur Status” as established by the United States Golf Association.
I, as a participant in this Championship, assume full responsibility for all my acts, whether they be negligent or otherwise, and hold harmless the Alabama Golf Association and/or any club hosting this Championship for any injuries.