Women’s State Four-Ball Championship
Moore’s Mill Club
September 11-12, 2014
July 10 – September 2
The AGA Tournament Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions and schedules herein. The decision of the AGA in any matter shall be final.
We wish to bring to your attention, or remind you, that when a club graciously agrees to host an AGA championship or USGA qualifying event, it does so at no cost to the either the player or the association. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself appropriately while a guest and take responsibility in the same regard for anyone accompanying you.Also, please be advised that clubs are operating in certain aspects at the direction of the AGA and any complaints regarding availability of cart, fees paid, or available practice times should be directed to the AGA and not the club staff.Thank you for your consideration of all the above. We hope you have a pleasant and successful competition.
Entries are open to female, amateur golfers, who are members of the Alabama Golf Association (have active GHIN number in Alabama); bona fide residents of the State of Alabama (Non-resident college students are generally not eligible, If in doubt, contact the AGA office at (205) 979-1234), and meet the following requirements:USGA Handicap Index does not exceed 36.0 at the close of entries.The AGA will be the final authority in determining whether or not a handicap that has been submitted qualifies as an “approved USGA handicap”.
Entries are subject to rejection, or withdrawal, at any time at the discretion of the AGA.
Awards will be presented to the team low gross winner and runner-up in each flight.
In addition, the Champions will have their name engraved on a permanent trophy housed at the AGA office.
No caddies are available at the host club. It is permissible to bring caddies and any player who does so is solely responsible for his/her conduct. Contestants are not required to have either caddie or cart.
Golf carts are allowed, and are strongly recommended at this site, and are available to those contestants who have a valid Alabama driver’s license. Cart fees will be the same for each player, even if circumstances are such that a player is left to ride by himself.
Users must obey the cart operations rules established by the host club, to include the allowance of spectator carts.
For further information regarding carts, please refer to the Cart Policy provided as part of the player packet given to players at registration.
The dress code at the championship site will be strictly enforced. Jeans are NOT permitted and shorts MUST be “Bermuda” length, or mid-thigh. No shorts approximating “tennis” length will be tolerated and this includes cut-offs, tennis shorts, bathing suits, etc. Shirts must have collars. Any player not meeting these standards will be asked to remedy this situation prior to play.
If you have any doubts as to what dress will be accepted, please ask prior to beginning play.
There will be one set of tee markers for the Championship field set at approximately 5100 yardage. All Championship yardages are subject to change.
2. No entries will be accepted after 8:00 A.M., Monday, September 2, 2014.
3. An entry fee in the amount of $310.00 per team, payable by credit card, must accompany the entry application, $5.00 of which will be donated to the Alabama Turfgrass Research Foundation.
4. Upon successfully completing the entry procedure, an email confirmation will be automatically generated and sent to you at the email address you designate.
5. In the event the field has to be pared due to over-subscription (see Format above), applicants will be notified of the status of their entry as soon as practicable following the close of entries on September 2.
6. Withdrawal: If a player withdraws before 8:00 A.M., Monday, September 2, 2014, the entry fee will be refunded upon request, subject to a $15.00 service fee. No refunds will be made after 8:00 A.M., Monday, September 2, 2014, unless AGA returns your entry for some reason, which could include paring back the field. All dates and time refer to date and time of receipt at the AGA office.
If the entry is rejected for any reason(s), you will be immediately advised of the reason(s), at which time you can correct the problem(s) and re-submit the entry form.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT NO ENTRY IS FORMALLY ACCEPTED UNTIL THE ENTRY FEE HAS BEEN PROCESSED BY THE AGA OFFICE.
We agree that the Alabama Golf Association has the right to reject, or withdraw, any entry at any time, to include during play of the Championship.
We are amateur golfers and understand the “Rules of Amateur Status” as established by the United States Golf Association.
We, as participants in this Championship, assume full responsibility for all our acts, whether they be negligent or otherwise, and hold harmless the Alabama Golf Association and/or any club hosting this Championship for any injuries.