Men’s State Amateur Championship
Mountain Brook Club
June 11-14, 2015
March 5 – May 11
The AGA Tournament Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions and schedules herein. The decision of the AGA in any matter shall be final.
We wish to bring to your attention, or remind you, that when a club graciously agrees to host an AGA championship or USGA qualifying event, it does so at no cost to the either the player or the association. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself appropriately while a guest and take responsibility in the same regard for anyone accompanying you.Also, please be advised that clubs are operating in certain aspects at the direction of the AGA and any complaints regarding availability of cart, fees paid, or available practice times should be directed to the AGA and not the club staff.Thank you for your consideration of all the above. We hope you have a pleasant and successful competition.
Entries are open to male, amateur golfers, who are: 1) members of the Alabama Golf Association(have active GHIN number in Alabama); and, 2) bona fide residents of the State of Alabama (Non-resident college students are generally not eligible, If in doubt, contact the AGA office at (205) 979-1234).Maximum allowable handicap is 8.4 strokes under the USGA Men’s Golf Handicap System.The AGA will be the final authority in determining whether or not a handicap that has been submitted qualifies as an “approved USGA handicap”.Entries are subject to rejection, or withdrawal, at any time at the discretion of the AGA.
Championship: Awards will be presented to the low 10 scorers posting 72 hole scores.In addition, the Champion will have their name engraved the Sam D. Perry trophy housed at the AGA office.
1. We welcome and encourage spectators at all AGA competitions.
2. The AGA, not the host club, determines whether spectator carts will be permitted during a competition.
3. If spectator carts are not allowed, the AGA follows the USGA policy of permitting the use of mobility scooters (golf carts are not acceptable) by any spectator who suffers from a disability that requires on-course transportation.
4. Anyone intending on renting a mobility scooter should call us, 205-979-1234, and let us know ahead of time. We will then make contact with the host club on your behalf and make arrangements to receive the vehicle, store and charge it overnight, and have it available for use the following day.
5. When on the course with the scooter, you must remain on the cart path at all times and stay up with the group you are following so as not to disturb play of the group immediately behind.
6. You need to be aware of all play around you when starting the scooter to ensure you don’t disturb other competitors.
No caddies are available at the host club. It is permissible to bring caddies and any player who does so is solely responsible for his/her conduct. Contestants are not required to have either caddie or cart.
Golf carts are allowed, and are strongly recommended at this site, and are available to those contestants who have a valid Alabama driver’s license. Cart fees will be the same for each player, even if circumstances are such that a player is left to ride by himself.
Users must obey the cart operations rules established by the host club, to include the allowance of spectator carts.
For further information regarding carts, please refer to the Cart Policy provided as part of the player packet given to players at registration.
The dress code at the championship site will be strictly enforced. Jeans are NOT permitted and shorts MUST be “Bermuda” length, or mid-thigh. No shorts approximating “tennis” length will be tolerated and this includes cut-offs, tennis shorts, bathing suits, etc. Shirts must have collars. Any player not meeting these standards will be asked to remedy this situation prior to play.
If you have any doubts as to what dress will be accepted, please ask prior to beginning play.
2. No entries will be accepted after 8:00 A.M., Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
3. An entry fee in the amount of $175.00 for exempt players, $60.00 for non-exempt players, payable by credit card, must accompany the entry application, $5.00 of which will be donated to the Alabama Turfgrass Research Foundation. Players that successfully qualify will have to submit an additional entry fee of $175.00 and will be instructed how to do so following the conclusion of their qualifier.
4. Upon successfully completing the entry procedure, an email confirmation will be automatically generated and sent to you at the email address you designate.
5. Withdrawal: If a player withdraws before 8:00 A.M., Wednesday, May 13, 2015, the entry fee will be refunded upon request, subject to a $15.00 service fee. No refunds will be made after 8:00 A.M., Wednesday, May 13, 2015, unless the AGA returns your entry for some reason. All dates and time refer to date and time of receipt at the AGA office.If the entry is rejected for any reason(s), you will be immediately advised of the reason(s), at which time you can correct the problem(s) and re-submit the entry form.PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT NO ENTRY IS FORMALLY ACCEPTED UNTIL THE ENTRY FEE HAS BEEN PROCESSED BY THE AGA OFFICE.
I am an amateur golfer and I understand the “Rules of Amateur Status” as established by the United States Golf Association.
I assume full responsibility for all my acts, whether they be negligent or otherwise, and hold harmless the Alabama Golf Association and/or any of the clubs hosting either the Championship or a Qualifying Event for any injuries.